MULTIPLY is a new FREE fully funded UK government programme to help adults across the UK to improve their numeracy skills.
Whether you’re looking to boost your number skills to progress at work or to make daily tasks like budgeting easier, MULTIPLY could be the next step in unlocking your potential by demystifying numbers. ACE are running various introductory sessions and friendly workshops that will help you get to grips with numbers and remove the ‘scare factor’, making lots of day to day activities easier – from controlling your finances, calculating cooking times or working out how many rolls of wallpaper you’ll need to buy for a DIY job. To be eligible for free MULTIPLY training you need to be aged 19+, live in Norfolk and have not previously achieved a GCSE grade C or above in maths (or the equivalent).
The MULTIPLY programme is part of the Skills For Life initiative, funded via Norfolk County Council and can help you to:
- unlock new job opportunities or progress in work
- earn higher wages
- manage your money better
- support your child with their homework
- take the next step to higher level of study
ACE are running a wide range of introductory sessions and workshops:
1. First step courses that increase confidence with numbers
Drop in sessions providing friendly and informal help with numbers for everyday living. Locations include Great Yarmouth DWP offices, community spaces such as libraries, and ACE premises in Gorleston. Contact us for dates and times or see our CALENDAR
2. Courses designed to help people use numeracy to manage their money
Budgeting for bills and everyday living, feeding your family on a budget. Locations include community spaces such as The Well in Great Yarmouth, and ACE premises in Gorleston. Contact us for dates and times or see our CALENDAR
3. Intensive and flexible numeracy courses targeted at people without Level 2 maths, leading to a Functional Skills Qualification
Numeracy Learning Zones – looking at maths and working towards an accredited functional skills qualification to add to your CV or help you upskill. Locations include community spaces such as libraries, and ACE premises in Gorleston. Contact us for dates and times or see our CALENDAR.
4. Numeracy courses aimed at prisoners, those recently released from prison or on temporary licence
Practical maths for prison leavers and ex-offenders. Location is Britannia House at HMP Norwich, Mondays 10am-12noon
5. Additional relevant maths modules embedded into other vocational courses
Vocational numeracy, based in ACE training centre in Gorleston